Monday, February 21, 2011

Howard and The Thing:

No, this has nothing to do with the Howard Hawks classic The Thing from Another World, but rather an individual by the name of John Howard. Up until a couple hours ago, I was a member of his Facebook for John Carpenter's The Thing. You may be wondering what "up until a couple hours ago" implies. Well, originally the page was relevant in terms of content to The Thing, but the group went through constant name changes, which pissed me and some other people off because there was really no point in being in the group if it had nothing to do with The Thing. Some people posted on the group's wall that they were leaving and I just left without saying anything.  I'm not sure if somebody was trying to keep the group related to The Thing by changing its name once it was changed to something else so that it stuck to the original purpose of the group, but I really wish John Howard would make up his mind. If he's gonna bastardize the group's original purpose to the point where it really has no purpose and no relevance to The Thing, then I figure the group's not worth my time anymore. I found another Thing group to join, which wasn't much of a problem. I can't say how I feel about John Howard personally since I don't know him personally, but I can say that I don't appreciate his actions because not only could he be removed from Facebook if the now, should I say, facelifted group has content in it which offends others and is not appropriate for younger people on Facebook, but also because I think he has better things to do with his time than promote a group he changed which really has no purpose of being on Facebook. Maybe's a little unstable and needs something to do to get his mind off that...who knows? I just hope if his actions cause problems, he'll be aware of that and that he'll take his being held accountable seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment